Contact Sitemap


Home   >   Settlement   >   Identification Document Certificate

Identification Document Certificate

KCWA Family and Social Services is a non-profit organization established in 1985 by a group of women who were concerned with women and family issues and serves women, men, senior and youth all of them.

How to apply for “Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document"

Gather documents

  • Application (IMM5009)

  • Photo identification (issued by a federal or provincial/territorial authority)

    • Driver's License

    • Health Card

    • The entry passport or travel document you used to enter Canada as a permanent resident

  • Identification (issued by a federal or provincial/territorial authority)

    • Birth certificate/Marriage certificate, if applicable

  • Fee receipt: $30

Submit the application

Verification of Status (VOS) or Replacement of an Immigration Document
Operations Support Centre (OSC)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

How to apply for Citizenship Certificate – Proof of Citizenship

Gather documents

  • Application (CIT 0001)

  • 2 Photos

  • 2 Identity documents: Driver's License, Health Card

  • Fee receipt: $75

  • Additional documents based on scenario, if applicable

Submit the application

Proof of Citizenship
P.O. Box 10000
B1P 7C1

How to replace SIN letter or card

Important Notices:

  • There is no fee to apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN).

  • On March 31, 2014, Service Canada began issuing SINs in paper format (confirmation of SIN letter). Production of the plastic SIN cards has stopped.

If your confirmation of SIN letter or SIN card was lost or stolen, you can request a confirmation of your SIN. For more information on how to obtain a confirmation of your SIN